Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Single Life is not all it crack up to be

I hear people talking about how great it is to be single. In the beginning is something good because it allows you to be yourself and take stock of your life. I am a single individual that which she was in a relationship. I look good and have a good job. Why can’t I find a man?

Here are some of my problems; most men think that I'm too independent, opinionated, and high maintenance. I think making assumption about a person is wrong. I am guilty sometime of judging a book by its cover. Yes, I am independent but I will not have it any other way. Because I am independent does not mean I don't want to share my life with someone else. A guy should be a compliment to his lady find and vice versa.

First, I know some man like the idea that a woman should depend on them for everything. This might work for some but not for me to be honest. I like the idea of working hard to earn my own keep. My father always makes this joke that he did not educate me to become a house wife. Don't get me wrong a house wife is hard job but just not for me.

Second, I am opinionated because of my personality. I know what I want and tried to achieve that the best way I know how. I don't want to boss a man around. I think if a man lets me boss him around that becomes boring within days. I want a strong man that can hold his own in a conversation and is not afraid to call my BS. I need someone that will calm me down and make me realize although I might be right but this is not the time or place for that particular conversation. I need someone that will listen to me and take my advice. I might be opinionated but the right man will be able to keep up his end in this department.

Third, although I might wear expensive clothing, eat at expensive restaurant and go places does not mean I need a man to provide these things for me. I hate when men tell me that I'm high maintenance because I am "Self Maintained." I take care of myself 120%. I think the phrase high maintenance carried a negative connotation. There are women that depend on a man for the daily bread and do deserve this label but I don't think all women should be brush with the same stroke. I love to take good care off myself because I can afford to do it all by myself. If a man feel like buying something nice once in awhile that’s okay too.

I like the single life but I don't want it to become a career. I want to get into a relationship with someone that is realistic, open, and caring. This person should put

1. God first
2. Family second
3. Everything else can be reprioritize

I know there is no prince charming like Disney or these so-called romantic movies will let you to believe but I do know there a person for everyone. This person will have his flaws like you have yours. The mean thing is don’t to give up on the values your parents thought you. Also, don't let money fool you into the wrong relationship because in the beginning it can be sweet but anything you don't truly earn is not worth it. Go into a relationship to figure out what you have in common and built upon that.
Remember, a relationship is when two people share common interests, understanding and care for each other. It should not matter what car you drive, or what side of the track you come from. The thinks that keep people glued to each other should be the values there share and love for each other. Become true friends

3 comments:

  1. Relationships are not all they're cracked up to be, either. After two marriages and 2 divorces, I have decided that I am not even looking anymore. In those marriages I compromised my own values and was literally taken to the brink of my own extinction in the process.

    You are wise to refuse to compromise your values. It is better to be who you are and on your own than to be destroyed by someone who wants to make you into someone and something else, just for the sake of being in a relationship.

    I really like your priorities. If you put God first and trust Him, you learn not to trust a human culture that tells you that you have to be with a man to be complete. You don't.

    The art of life is to be fully who you are and to never let go of that. If God sends someone else to go along for the ride, thats a gift. If not, you still have the incredible gift of life that God gave you ... and the family and friends you make along the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetlee, This is so true of you. Keep the FAITH MY CHILD, ALL IS NOT LOST. You need not compromise your VALUES for a MAN. Someone who TRULY LOVES YOU, will take you as you are. You hid your secret well, Thanks for sharing it now. We still truly love You. May the Coming Year 2009, Continue to Flourish in Gods Endless Love, Protection and Direction in all that we Do. Stay Blessed and THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS BEING A ROCK I CAN LEAN ON WHEN TIMES ARE BAD FOR ME.

    ReplyDelete

Say you peace