Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The New Horizon

I am somewhat sad to say goodbye to 2008. This year had it ups and downs but it was a learning time. Now it’s the time again to make resolutions to usher in the New Year. This should be a gift to us all. This allows us to clean our slate and start afresh.

A new horizon is upon us, are you ready to start over? What are some of the things that went wrong in 2008. Could they be corrected in 2009? Don’t set unrealistic goals because that defeats the purpose of a new start.

I sometime hear people setting goals that are so unrealistic that I wonder if they are out to sabotage themselves in the upcoming year. A goal should be something obtainable yet set high. There should be short terms goals and long terms goals.

As we achieve things we gain more confident to press on. Start with some silly vice that can be easily achieved and then move forward to harder goals. I really thing a person should only have 1 to 5 resolutions for the upcoming years.

As for me, I don’t like to set resolutions. I like to plan to eliminate negativity out of my life and bring in more positive influences. This approach eliminates stress and the pressure to fulfill some resolutions. This upcoming year’s goals are:

1. Eliminate the need to overreact (basically calm down).
2. Become more outgoing
3. Eliminate my last credit debt (I can see the light @ end of the tunnel)
4. More personal saving outside of 401k
5. Rehab more homes
6. Everything else will be determined as we go along thru the year.
So what are some of your goals for 2009?


A new year is the perfect time for a rebirth. I love these words below. You can take it and add you own flavor to them.

Renewing, refreshing, cleaning, do over, horizon, rebirth, positive, start over, reframing, peace, love, happiness, joy, sunshine, family, friends, growing, planting, blossoming, future, planning, living, traveling, cuddling, surviving, enjoying, togetherness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say you peace