Tuesday, January 6, 2009

How 2009 is shaping up

The year is starting in the right direction. I spent the New Year @ home because I was not willing to shell out any money. I am getting frugal as I aged haha. My dog Mr. Whisper and I were sleeping before the ball drop. I got a lot of calls and text messaging that night and early morning. My family back in Liberia was excited to have woken me up.

I had to work the next day but it was cool. We had causal Friday and food was provided. I am grateful to have a job. There was not much to do at work. I spent the rest of the evening @ home.

I have to confess because I did something somewhat mean. I back out of a dinner date. I did not feel like going anywhere so I asked if we could do brunch instead of dinner. I knew this person will not like that idea so I suggested it and it worked. I technically did not lie.

On Sunday, I met up with some friends from Young Adult in DC and had a great time. I reunited with some old pals and met some new and interesting people. I also learned how to make a s’more. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. It was nice and couple of people helped me roast my marshmallows. This actually made me feel like going camping.

That thought only lasted a minute because we African don’t go camping. I’m just kidding about African not camping because some do. After that, I left and hopped on the train to head back home. The weather was perfect although the guessologist (meteorologists) indicated otherwise.
I hope second week flow in the positive direction. Have a wonderful week.
Peace out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say you peace